Is HIP a mandatory program?
No, HIP is a voluntary program.
Who is eligible to participate?
All benefits-eligible employees are eligible to participate in the program. Employees must actively enroll in the program by registering on our website join.virginpulse.com/hip.
Can a spouse, or other dependents also participate?
Spouses, adult dependents, may use the Virgin Pulse tool, but are not eligible for the $200 incentive.
Can a retiree participate?
Retirees are not eligible for the HIP program.
Are new hires eligible to participate?
Yes, new hires who are benefits eligible can participate in HIP at any time, regardless of their start date. Participants must be an active employee at the end of the program period, and also at the time of the payout, to be eligible to receive the incentive.
Do participants need to be active employees for the entire duration of the program?
Employees may enroll and participate in the program after the program period begins, but must be active in a pay status at the time incentive payments are made (First quarter following the program year.)
What if an employee retires or leaves employment during the program period?
If an employee retires or leaves employment with the State before the incentive payment, he/she is no longer eligible to receive the payment.
- Incentives can also be earned by point level
- Earn $25 at 25,000 points
- Earn an additional $75 at 35,000 points
- Earn an addtional $100 at 50,000 points
- Acheive every level and you’ll earn $200 for the year
- You must be an active, benefits-eligible employee throughout the program period and the payout period to receive the incentive payment.
- When you successfully complete the requirements, the payout will be included in your paycheck in January of the year after the program year ends.
- The incentive is subject to federal and state taxes. If you have any questions, please consult your tax advisor.
Note: The incentive payment per employee will be up to $200; the amount may be lower depending on total participation.