- Developed by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), this lifestyle change program helps you reduce your Type 2 diabetes risk by learning new skills in losing weight, becoming more physically active and reducing stress.
FORMAT & TOOLS
- In-person weekly group meetings. COVID-19 change - meetings are conducted virtually, see flyer.
- Trained lifestyle coach
- CDC-approved curriculum
- Group support
- 12 months, 26 classes, 1hour each.
- Starts weekly, then bi-weekly, then monthly.
- $0 - full program for all eligible participants (see below)
- Funded by the UA Cooperative Extension and the UA College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
200 HIP points* earned after 16 sessions completed
- Benefits-eligible employees, spouses and dependents age 18+
- Not required to enroll in State medical plan
- Must meet program eligibility requirements